It takes some time to remove the gauge cluster, so why not replace all the bulbs while it's apart?
Bulb Replacement Instructions
Supplies you'll need for this project
Bulb kit - Click Here to buy.
Number 2 Phillips screwdriver
Small flat-bladed screwdriver
Replacing the Bulbs
The HV Power Supply Power Cable is the green connector on the left of the silver HV box
1) Remove the HV Power Supply power cable with green connectors.
HV Power Supply Cable Disconnected
2) Using a small flat bladed screwdriver, remove the plastic "High Voltage" covers. Disconnect the HV cable on the left side and the HV cable on the right side of the silver high voltage power supply box.
HV Cable Covers and cables Removed
3) Using a phillips screwdriver, remove the four screws holding the silver HV power supply box, and then set it aside.
HV Power Supply Removed
HV Power Supply cable still in place
4) Remove the other end of the HV power supply cable with green connectors and set it aside.
HV Power Supply cable Removed
Remove the four phillips screws holding the white plate in place
5) Remove the four screws holding the white plastic back cover in place. Then use the flat blade screwdriver to release the clips holding it in place and set the white cover aside.
White Back Cover Removed
6) Disconnect the white connector connecting the small board (left side) to the main circuit board. Then remove the two phillips screws and set the small board aside.
White connector and board Removed left side
7) Disconnect the white speaker connector connecting the speaker to to the main circuit board (left side).
White connector Removed right side
8) Slowly and carefully lift the bottom edge of the main circuit board. Flip it up and out of the way. Since the cables are still attached, be very careful here!
Main Circuit board Flipped up
9) One at a time, remove the black bulb sockets by turning 1/8 turn counterclockwise and pulling the bulb and socket out together. Replace the bulb with one supplied in the kit, and reinstall by turning 1/8 turn clockwise. Note that there are two types of sockets and two types of bulbs. Make sure to replace each bulb with the same type bulb.
10) Flip the main board down.
11) Reconnect the speaker connector to the right side of the main board. Reconnect the small circuit board to the left side of the main board, and reinstall the two phillips screws holding the small board inside.
12) Reinstall white plastic back cover, making sure not to pinch the LCD connector plastic along the top side. Reinstall the four screws holding the white plastic cover in place.
13) Reinstall the HV power supply cable with green connectors onto the main logic board end.
14) Reinstall the HV power supply and replace the four screws holding the screws in place.
15) Reinstall the HV power supply cables on left and right side of the silver HV power supply.
16) Reinstall the HV power supply cable covers.
17) Reinstall the HV power supply cable with green connectors into the silver power supply.
This completes the C5 Instrument Panel Bulb Replacement Process. Make sure to temporarily install the instrument panel and thoroughly test it before completely reassembling the car!