90-96 Instrument Panel Gauge Tester
This tester is a great way to exercise ALL of the cluster's functions while the cluster is outside of the car. This helps determine if the problem is with the cluster or with the car wiring, and helps to test the repairs you've made to the cluster.
This was originally a product we created to repair clusters sent to batee.com.
However photos we sent to customers got out and we received several requests to purchase the testers. I am proud to announce that they are now available!
The cable provides 12V power and ground to the cluster. It allows for testing
of the basic functions of the cluster:
- LCD segments including odometer, Fuel Level and Speedometer
- Identification of 90-91 or 92-96 LCD Panels
- Testing both 6K and 8K analog tachometers
- Turn signals and high beam indicator
- Backlighting bulbs for LCD and for needle and gauge text
- Telltale warning lamps (8) around the edge of the panel
- Analog gauges such as the tachometer voltmeter, oil pressure, oil temperature, and
The cluster tester generates all signals, both analog and digital, which are necessary to drive the various instruments in the panel. An additional signal generator or power supply is not needed.
The cluster tester has a 1.8" TFT LCD display which guides the user through the testing process every step of the way, telling you exactly what should appear on the gauges! The online documentation discusses identifying common problems and their solutions.
1 - 90-96 Corvette Instrument Panel Tester with factory connector installed
1 - AC Power Adapter
Instructions - Click here
Free Online Video of the testing process - Click here